A 2-day hike at the foot of Mont-Blanc. Live an unforgettable experience with a full immersion in the mountains. Discover the typical atmosphere of a hut nestled in the heart of a magnificent alpine hamlet at the foot of Miage glacier. Our itinerary, the main path of the TMB (1st stage of 11 in total). We will cross the Tricot pass (high route of the TMB) and make a loop above Montjoie valley. Our itinerary does not present any major difficulty; only spectacular panoramas will take your breath away!
Night in a refuge (dormitory) - refueling at the refuge (picnic, drinks…).
Day 1 : Les Houches - Voza pass - Le Champel - Miage hut
We star tour Tour du Mont-Blanc from the top of Bellevue Cable-car in Les Houches. A beautiful and pleasant path leads to the Voza pass. Chamonix valley and its beautiful granite peaks give us a very nice view. We continue in Bionnassay valley under the impressive east face of Mont-Blanc. The path goes down to Champel village before going up to the Chalets de Miage. The Miage pastures are beautiful and are to be contemplated.
Elevation gain: 1053m Vertical loss 570m
Day 2 : Tricot pass - Bellevue
The hike up to Tricot pass makes our morning gymnastics. The muscular awakening, the perfect method to get a health! The panoramic view from the pass is rewarding. We continue to the Himalayan bridge that goes over the waters of Bionnassay glacier. Atmosphere guaranteed! Our itinerary then joins the top of Bellevue cable car. We are back in Les Houches. We will consider the descent by cable car to reach the valley.
Elevation gain: 780m Vertical loss 400m
For safety reasons, the guide may modify the itinerary due to terrain, weather or other conditions.
July 21th and 22th
PRIVATE PRICE 2020
255€ per person based on a group of 6 people.
- Guiding service and organization
- Half-board in a hut (dormitories)
- Lift passes
- Drinks and personal expenditure (souvenirs…)
- Repatriation insurance (mandatory)
At 8.30 am in front of the Compagnie des Guides in Chamonix on Day 1.
You are welcome to come and meet your guide the evening before at our office at 6 pm.
2/5 - The first stage of the TMB hiking trip is a trek for any fit person. 4 to 6 hours of daily hikes, and 400 to 600m (1200 to 2000ft) of average vertical gain each day. Hiking on comfortable trails without specific difficulty. We carry a light backpack for the day hike. This program is ideal to experience multiday hike. For active people with some hiking experience on mountain trails.
By a state qualified trekking guide.
1 night in a mountain hut (in dormitory).
- Participants must have an insurance with repatriation cover. Cancellation insurance is highly recommended. You can take out insurance offering both of these types of cover when you sign up.
- Participants must also take valid ID with them.
- Ankle supporting boots with notched technical rubber sole (i.e. VIBRAM).
- We strongly recommend wearing new boots (several days and preferably hiking) to break them in before the hike.
- To avoid blisters, try rubbing baby talc on dry feet before using boots (sprinkling talc inside boot works too)
- Minimum size recommended 40 L (bigger is better than too small).
- Take out lunch should fit AFTER packing all your personal belongings.
- Bad weather precaution: pack covers are great to protect pack from rain or snow. We also recommend packing your belongings in a large and solid plastic bag (i.e. garbage bag) for a better protection in case of heavy rainfall.
Avoid using cotton underwear. Compared to technical synthetic material, it is heavier and it dries slowly. Wool is also getting popular amongst sportswear brands. Synthetic and wool are warmer; they dry fast, and allow you to pack light.
- 1 long-sleeve shirt + 1 Tshirt (both synthetic)
- 1 polar fleece + 1 light down jacket (or a second fleece)
- 1 pair of shorts + 1 pair of hiking pants
- 1 pair of synthetic hiking socks
- 1 Goretex jacket (waterproof windbreaker)
- 1 poncho (large rain cover that fits over your pack) or 1 pack cover
- 1 pair of rain pants (although light Gore-tex pants are expensive, other types of light rain pants work too)
- 1 water bottle (1.5 quart, to 2 quarts minimum)
- 1 pocket knife + 1 « spork »
- Sun hat or ball cap, sunscreen, sun glasses, lip protection
- 1 warm hat and a pair of gloves
- 1 pair of telescopic poles
FOR THE ENTIRE HIKE
- Changes of clothes: (T-shirt, underwear and socks) for the second day
- 1 pair of long underwear (synthetic recommended)
- 1 pocket light or head-lamp
- Personal first aid kit **
- 1 one-person sleep-sheet (silk is the most comfortable and remains the lightest)
- Ultra-light shower kit (feel free to customize ...) + synthetic « dry fast » towel.
- ID card or valid passport + small change/ bills for personal expenses.
- Optional : low gaiters ( early season trekking), camera, binoculars, umbrella, etc …
** Elastoplast (stretchable strapping tape), band-aids, second skin, medicine for common aches and pains (diarrhea, headaches, sore throat…) Don’t forget to bring your personal prescription treatment if you have one. Mountain leaders also carry a complete first aid kit. Remember that packing light is essential.