We propose two days of completely autonomous hiking escape from it all and find our freedom! The Aiguille Rouges massive, opposite the Mont-Blanc range, is the ideal playground for a weekend getaway. We will take advantage of the green pastures of Pormenaz to spend the night in a bivouac under the stars with the majestic Mont Blanc view as the backdrop .
Benefit from the knowledge of our mountain leaders without worrying about the logistics.
Autonomous stay, tent and sleeping bag are provided. Use of public transport for the start and return of the hike.
Day 1: Buet - Vallon de Villy
We reach the village of Buet by train, the starting point of our hike. From there, we follow the water up the superb Bérard valley towards the Col de Salenton (2,526m). We enter the kingdom of the ibex and vulture. At the crossroads of three natural reserves, between crystalline and sedimentary rocks, we are offered a sublime landscape. We continue through the wild valley of Villy towards the refuge of Moëde Anterne and then to the lake of Pormenaz (1 845m), the perfect place for our bivouac. Respecting the flora and fauna, each in our own tent, we will spend the night in this idyllic setting facing the Mont Blanc.
Elevation gain : 1 200m - Elevation drop : 700m
Day 2: Vallon de Villy - Servoz
We break camp in the early morning to cross the Pormenaz plateau. This historic, suspended pasture in the Chamonix valley faces the Mont-Blanc with all the magnificent views that you would expect. We will have a chance to meet the shepherd working in this beautiful site before descending towards Servoz, a typical and unspoiled village in the Chamonix valley. We will arrive in the afternoon at Servoz train station where we will take the public transport back to Chamonix.
Elevation gain : 500m - Elevation drop : 1 200m
The guide may have to adapt the route to weather conditions and/or to group physical and/or technical ability.
Group session associates several people who don’t know each other. It allows for a planned program to benefit from an attractive price on fixed dates. This formula is ideal for people looking for the friendliness of a group.
Dates in 2021 : Every weekend, starting mid-june to mid-september
Price for 2021 : 250 € per person - based on a minimum of 2 participants.
This price includes:
- The organization and supervision by a state qualified trekking guide,
- Tent and sleeping bag rental
- transfers using public transport throughout the hike.
Not included in the price :
- According to the measures taken by the French government to avoid the spreading of the Covid-19, meals are not included. Make sure to have food for 4 meals (lunchs, diner and breakfast). cf. equipment list
- Drinks and personal expenditure (souvenirs…),
- repatriation insurance (compulsory).
A private engagement is the historical relationship that binds a mountain leader to their clients. It allows you to be alone or in your own group with your mountain leader who will meet your specific needs.It is undoubtedly the ideal formula realise your projects because it guarentees you a maximum amount of comfort. You are free to choose your departure date (subject to the availability in the accommodation). Depending on the weather conditions, the proposed route can be adjusted according to your level and expectations, the professional can suggest alternatives to the itinerary.
Prices for 2021 :
1 person : 595€ per person
2 people : 300€ par person
3 people : 200€ par person
4 people : 150€ par person
5 people : 120€ par person
6 people : 100€ par person
These prices use the same conditions as the collective group formula.
Meeting point : meet at 8am in front of the Compagnie des Guides in Chamonix.
Ability level : 3/5 - Moderate trek. A minimum of 700m (2350ft) vertical gain and about 5 to 7 hours of hiking daily. Hiking on generally well-maintained mountain trails, sometimes including easy out-of-trail sections. For active people who do not mind training to prepare for the hike. A great multiday hike for people with trekking experience.
Guiding policy : minimum 2 and maximum 6 people per guide. The Compagnie des Guides de Chamonix's guiding policy is one of the strictest in the mountain guiding business. It guarantees the most balanced groups as possible as well as high-quality personalised advice.
Important : Registration possible from 16 years of age. Registration is not permitted to anyone under the age of 18 without a legal guardian.
- During the stay: 1 night in a tent (bivouac). You carry your personal belongings in your backpack throughout the trip.
- Before & after the trip : benefit from preferential prices from our partner hotels in Chamonix. If you wish to receive information just ask the Randonnée department.
- Participants must have sports insurance with repatriation cover. We strongly recommend that this also includes cancellation cover. You can take out insurance offering both of these types of cover when you sign up.
- Participants must also take valid ID with them.
Preparing for the trip : There is an information meeting with your mountain leader the day before departure at 6pm at the Compagnie des Guides Office.
We recommend that you take particular care in choosing your equipment because it greatly contributes to the success of your stay. As alpine climatic conditions can be very variable with sudden changes, it can get very cold very quickly at altitude, it is better to stack thin layers rather than having one big piece of clothing. It is not uncommon to have snow in the middle of summer, do not skip warm clothes, even if the weather seems favourable. Conversely, the sun can be scorching hot. Without weighing it down, you should always have enough in your backpack to deal with capricious and severe weather.
- A backpack with a capacity of at least 40 litres (better too big than too small). Make sure you have enough space for the picnic. A small tip in case it rains : even if you have a backpack cover, always protect your belongings in a plastic bag (a big rubbish bag) inside your backpack. Your bag should not exceed 9 kg.
- A pair of high-top hiking boots with Vibram soles. For new shoes, make them fit your foot first by wearing them front. If you are prone to blisters: talcum powder applied to dry feet and in the shoe in the morning.
For more comfort regarding underwear (T-shirts, boxers, socks), avoid cotton which is heavy, cold and dries very slowly. Opt for synthetic technical textiles, or wool, which is making a comeback. They are hotter and dry very quickly.
- 1 short-sleeved t-shirt
- 1 long-sleeved t-shirt (technical fabric)
- 1 polar fleece
- 1 light down jacket (or a second fleece)
- 1 pair of shorts
- 1 pair of hiking trousers
- 1 pair of hiking socks (technical fabric)
- 1 Goretex jacket (waterproof windbreaker)
- 1 poncho (large rain cover that fits over your pack) or 1 pack cover
- 1 pair of waterproof trousers (although light Gore-tex trousers are expensive, other types of light waterproof trousers will do)
- Sun hat or baseball cap
- 1 warm hat
- 1 pair of gloves
- A change of clothes - t-shirt, underwear & socks (technical fabric)
- 1 pair of long underwear (technical fabric)
- 1 pair of ultra-light shoes (i.e. flip flops, slippers)
- optional : short gators (start of the season)
- Sun cream and lip salve
- 1 water bottle (minimum 1 litre but 1.5 litres is better)
- 1 knife
- 1 fork (type "spork")
- 1 pair of telescopic poles
- 1 sleeping bag liner (the lightest and most comfortable is the silk bag)
- Flashlight or headlight
- Personal pharmacy : elastoplast, (stretchable strapping tape), band-aids "second skin" kit, compresses, medicines for common ailments : diarrhea, constipation, sore throat, headaches, pain relief, allergies and any prescribed medication. The mountain leader always carries a first aid kit with them. Remember that packing light is essential.
- Ultralight toiletries, it's up to you to customize! (including technical towel)
- Identification (passport or ID card)
- Money for your personal expenses
- Provide food for 4 meals (picnics, dinner and breakfast). For example: bread, cold meats, ham, cereal bars, hard fruit (apple), seed mixture and at least 2 litres of water.
Book your activity
Select the package of your choice: