00 (33) 450 530 088 / Contact-us
The Argentière Glacier beginner’s area is a Chamonix ice climber’s paradise. It contains around 20 routes offering a wide range of grades on the left and right banks of the glacier. The site stays in excellent condition and includes some of the most well-known icefalls in the Alps, such as the famous Shiva Lingam. The Lognan hut is an ideal base camp from which to explore the area and to enjoy the unconventional setting of a typical mountain hut perched right next to a serac fall!
The programme includes: breathtaking atmosphere, dedicated instruction in gaining autonomy in ice climbing, and the warm welcome of a mountain hut. This has all the ingredients for an excellent stay. Our ‘glace autonomie’ programme is aimed at people with some ice climbing experience. It is the logical next step from the ‘glace découverte’ course.
· Improve your proficiency and technique
· Multi-pitch ice climbs
· Independent seconding at grade 4-4+
· Independent leading at grade 3-4
Contact: +33 4 28 70 28 92 or email@example.com
Due to the fire that affected the lift station of Lognan-Les Grands Montets, we cannot reach the hut on foot. Consequently, we ask people who want to participate, to be equipped with ski touring (Day 2 & 3). You will have the possibility to rent equipment to the rental shop Sanglard-Argentiere, at the end of the Day 1, before to go up to the hut.
Day 1: Meet at the Grands Montets (Argentière). Gently make our way to the Crémerie site. Take cable car to Lognan hut mid-afternoon. Night in Lognan hut.
Day 2: Ascent of Déferlante (60m 4), which can be combined with its neighbour, Noix de Samba (60m, 3+, M4). Night in Lognan hut.
Day 3: Ascent of EMHM (100m, 4+), which lies a few metres from the hut. Return to Argentière via cable car.
These three days and the climbs will help you improve your climbing techniques, including placing ice screws, reading the terrain, setting up stances and rappels... You will climb in small autonomous roped teams, with a maximum group size of three or four, under the supervision of your guide. This guarantees high quality and personalised advice and tips.
This programme is meant as a guide only. Depending on the abilities of the group and the conditions in the mountains, your mountain guide may alter the route.
Group session associates several people who don’t know each other. It allows for a planned program to benefit from an attractive price on fixed dates. This formula is ideal for people looking for the friendliness of a group.
DATES 2019 : December 21st to 23rd - January 25th to 27th - February 22nd to 24th.
PRICE 2019 : 660€ per person based on minimum of 3 participants.
- IFMGA English speaking mountain guiding service,
- Two half-board in hotels (dinner, breakfast and night),
- Ski lift access as per programme,
- Transfers as per programme,
- Rental of gear (crampons, ice axes, helmet, harness)
- Take out lunches and daily snacks,
- Personal drinks and other personal expenses (we recommend you bring Euros),
- Cost of getting to meeting point (Chamonix),
- Personal technical equipment including your mountaineering shoes.
Meet at 08:30 in front of the Grands Montets (Argentière) ticket office. Contact us if you are having difficulty getting to Argentière from Chamonix.
For people who regularly exercise/take part in sports and are experienced ice climbers.
3 to 4 people. The Compagnie des Guides de Chamonix's guiding policy is one of the strictest in the mountain guiding business. It guarantees the most balanced groups as possible as well as high-quality personalised advice.
During the trip: half-board in hut.
Before & after the trip: We have some hotel partners in Chamonix with special prices for our customers. If you want to receive information just ask Célia
Participants must have mountain sports insurance with repatriation cover. We strongly recommend that this also includes cancellation cover. You can take out insurance offering both of these types of cover when you sign up. Participants must also take valid ID with them.
PREPARING FOR THE TRIP
One week before the trip, the mountain guide will be in contact to answer any questions you may have.
We recommend you to pay particular attention to the choice of your equipment. It contributes greatly to the success of your stay. Weight is decisive: you always have to evaluate the ratio weight/comfort, to find the best compromise.
In a general way, it is better to pile up several light coats rather than wear one big clothing.
- Comfortable frameless rucksack (about 35-40 litres),
- Hiking boots to use semi-rapid crampons,
- A pair of crampons, helmet, harness & Ice-Axe - lended
- Waterproof ,non-insulated parka with hood (Gore-tex or equivalent)
- Thick polar-pile fleece jacket or equivalent
- Waterproof non-insulated pants
- A pair of gaiters if your pant is not equipped,
- 1 long-sleeve shirt
- Medium weight thermal underwear (top + bottoms, silk or polypro, double as pyjamas)
- Warm socks
- Warm ski hat and light sun hat with brim
- Warm ski gloves or mittens
- A pair of adjusted gloves allowing you to easily handle material,
- Neck protection,
- Spare thermal underwear (for sleeping and change), down vest, T-shirt (s)
- High-altitude sunglasses (grade 4 is recommended),
- 1.0 or 1.5 quart water bottle (insulate if possible),
- Sun block for face and lips,
- Aspirin, elastoplast, 2nd skin kit,
You can rent your equipment with our rental shops partners and benefit from special price Sanglard Sports & Ravanel & Co
A 10€ discount voucher coming from the shop Au Vieux Campeur will be given to the first 500 clients from the ‘Cie des Guides’ (voucher to be collected at our office). Closest shop ‘Au Vieux Campeur’ : Sallanches.
|Number of people||Price per person|
|1||1750. 00 €|
|2||975. 00 €|
|3||715. 00 €|
|4||590. 00 €|