Ice climbing is often considered as an inaccessible activity... Go for our ice climbing discovery weekend, you will find out that it is a really fun activity. The site of Argentière is particularly made for initiation. The approach is short and the icefalls are numerous and varied. You will discover two differents areas : La Cremerie and Berard.
Program: good mood for discovering the pleasures of ice climbing.
- Discovering basic equipment and gestures.
- Autonomy as a climber in level 3-4.
- Introduction to lead climbing
Day 1 : Meeting point at Chamonix. We take the road to Les Grands Montets (Argentière), were we leave by foot (30 ') for the Cremerie, which is ideal for discovering. You spend the night in an inn.
Day 2 : We take the road to Vallorcine and reach by foot (20 ') the site of Berard. Top-roping climbing and initiation to lead climbing. Return to Chamonix in the middle of the afternoon.
This program is meant as a guide only. Depending on the abilities of the group and the conditions in the mountains, your mountain guide may alter the route
Group session associates several people who don’t know each other. It allows for a planned program to benefit from an attractive price on fixed dates. This formula is ideal for people looking for the friendliness of a group.
Dates 2019 - 2020 : December 14&15 - December 23&24 - December 30&31 - January 18&19 - February 01&02 - February 17&18 - February 24&25
Price 2019 - 2020 : 340€ per person based on minimum of 3 participants.
Included in the package :
- IFMGA English speaking mountain guiding service
- One half-board in inn (dinner, breakfast and night)
- Rental of gear (crampons, ice axes, helmet, harness)
Not included in the package :
- Personal drinks and other personal expenses (we recommend you bring Euros)
- Take out lunches and daily snacks
- Cost of getting to meeting point
- Personal technical equipment including your mountaineering shoes
Private hiring is the historical relationship that binds a guide to his/her client. It allows you to be alone, or in a constituted group, with your guide that meets your specific needs. It is undoubtedly the ideal formula to realize your projects because it guarantees you a maximum of comfort. You are free to choose your departure date (depending on the availability of the huts) and the itinerary can be adjusted, according to your specific expectations.
Prices 2019 - 2020 :
2 persons : 580€ per person
3 persons : 405€ per person
4 persons : 320€ per person
These prices include the same conditions as mentioned above.
Meeting point : Meet at 08:00 am at the Chamonix Guides office. 190 place de l'église.
Ability level : For people who regularly exercise/take part in sports. No ice climbing experience necessary.
Guiding policy : 3 to 4 people. The Compagnie des Guides de Chamonix's guiding policy is one of the strictest in the mountain guiding business. It guarantees the most balanced groups as possible as well as high-quality personalised advice.
Accommodation : During the trip: half-board in inn (dinner, night & breakfast).
Before & after the trip: We have some hotel partners in Chamonix with special prices for our customers.
Documentation : Participants must have mountain sports insurance with repatriation cover. We strongly recommend that this also includes cancellation cover. You can take out insurance offering both of these types of cover when you sign up. Participants must also take valid ID with them.
Preparing for the trip : One week before the trip, the mountain guide will be in contact to answer any questions you may have.
We recommend you to pay particular attention to the choice of your equipment. It contributes greatly to the success of your stay. Weight is decisive: you always have to evaluate the ratio weight/comfort, to find the best compromise. In a general way, it is better to pile up several light coats rather than wear one big clothing.
- Comfortable frameless rucksack (about 35-40 litres)
- Hiking boots to use semi-rapid crampons
- A pair of gaiters if your pant is not equipped
- A pair of crampons, helmet, harness & Ice-Axe - lended
- Waterproof and windproof, non-insulated parka with hood (Gore-tex or equivalent)
- Waterproof and windproof, non-insulated pants
- Thick polar-pile fleece jacket or equivalent
- 1 long-sleeve shirt
- Medium weight thermal underwear (top + bottoms, silk or polypro, double as pyjamas)
- Warm socks
- Warm ski hat and light sun hat with brim
- Warm ski gloves or mittens
- A pair of adjusted gloves allowing you to easily handle material
- Neck protection
- Spare thermal underwear (for sleeping and change), down vest, T-shirt (s)
- High-altitude sunglasses (grade 4 is recommended)
- 1.0 or 1.5 quart water bottle (insulate if possible)
- Sun block for face and lips
- Aspirin, elastoplast, 2nd skin kit
Partners : You can rent your equipment with our rental shops partners and benefit from special price Sanglard Sports & Ravanel & Co
A 10€ discount voucher coming from the shop Au Vieux Campeur will be given to the first 500 clients from the ‘Cie des Guides’ (voucher to be collected at our office). Closest shop ‘Au Vieux Campeur’ : Sallanches.
Book your activity
Select the package of your choice: