00 (33) 450 530 088 / Contact-us
Europe. Light day packing, optimal guiding service (maximum of 8 hikers per guide), and an authentic and welcoming 2* hotel in the city center of Chamonix are only a few great advantages this trip offers. Discover five amazing day-hikes out of the Chamonix valley, and enjoy the beauty of mountain landscapes in the Mont-Blanc region.
Group transfers, luggage transportation, lifts and lunches are taken care of by the mountain leader. You stay in a hotel in the city centre of Chamonix. Bring just the hiking necessary and fully enjoy the hike!
For any further information, feel free to contact Anais +33 4 50 53 92 78 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 1 : Mer de Glace - Aiguille du Midi Elevation gain and loss :1 063 ft.
Starting from Chamonix we will use the famous little rack railway of Montenvers above the Mer de glace (Sea of Ice). We reach the historical mountain site of Montenvers, from where we penetrate into the glacier and visit the ice-cave. We continue our visit with the crystal gallery, and the recently opened and very modern glacier exhibition. We start our hike on the beautiful northern “balcony” traverse until the plan de l’Aiguille. The cable car ride us up to the 3 842m of the Aiguille du Midi. The terraces of the site and its “Step into the void” offer you a 360° panorama over the Alps range. After our visit we will use the cable car to ride down to Chamonix.
Day 2 : The Saxe mountain Elevation gain and loss : 2 300 ft.
After a short minivan ride to the town of Courmayeur, Italy, we hike from the upper Villair hamlet in the direction of the Bertone hut. Mont de la Saxe is an incredible belvedere to admire the steepest peaks of the Mont Blanc massif while we enjoy an extra-long lunch-break. The hut makes it hard to resist the call of a real Italian “cappuccino “.
Day 3 : The Loriaz alpine pastures Elevation gain and loss : 2 100 ft.
From the village of Vallorcine, we gently head towards the Loriaz cattle grazing area. Just a couple hundred feet before we reach our goal, a fantastic panoramic view over the Mont-Blanc range, nearby peaks and the Aiguilles Rouges range leaves us speechless. The descent follows a different route, towards and along the Bérard creek.
Day 4 : Aiguillette des Houches Elevation gain and loss : 3 280 ft.
Back on the French side of the Mont-Blanc range, we start our hike from the hamlet of La Flatière and start our ascent to Aiguillette des Houches (7 500ft). From the top we can enjoy a 360° panoramic view. The scenery over the top of Europe is just breathtaking! Mont Blanc seems to be at an arm’s reach…
Day 5 : Cheserys Lakes - Lac Blanc Elevation gain : 2 900ft - elevation loss : 3 600 ft.
The hike starts from Col des Montets, deep into the wildlife sanctuary of the Aiguilles Rouges. We hike up to the
Cheserys Lakes, a photographer’s favorite shooting area! If we feel like it, we can reach the magical site of Lac
Blanc, “the” place to be for a picnic. And to crown it all, we may come across a group of ibexes on the way down…
The guide may have to adapt the route to weather conditions and/or to group physical and/or technical ability.
2019 Price : 660€/person (5 people minimum).
- The organization and supervision of each tour by State qualified trekking guide/s
- Bed and breakfast accommodation in 2 star hotel in Chamonix center
- The picnic lunches
- Lift passes
- Transfers throughout the trek
- Drinks and personal expenditure (souvenirs…)
- Diner from day 1 to day 6
- Repatriation insurance (mandatory)
Why choose Compagnie des Guides
- An all-inclusive product
- Only 5 to 8 people per group and mountain leader
- An accommodation in the city center of Chamonix
- We prepare lunch packs with local products
- A minibus “Cie” dedicated to our group all along the trek.
Level : 2/5
The Best-of Chamonix hiking trip is a hike for any fit people. A minimum of 400m (1350ft) vertical gain and about 4 to 6 hours of hiking daily. Hiking on comfortable trails without specific difficulty. We carry a light backpack for the day hike. This program is ideal to experience multiday hike. For active people, from 9 years old and over, with some hiking experience on mountain trails.
Guiding : Minimum 5 and maximum 8 people per guide.
Important : no booking accepted in our scheduled groups for people under the age of 18 without a legal guardian.
Accommodation : 4 nights in 2 star hotel (twin and double room)*.
*Please inform our office for you preference for twin (separate beds) or double (one large bed). We do our best to avoid to mix genders when organizing room accommodation.
2019 Dates : From Monday to Friday.
June 17th to 21th - July 22th to 26th - August 12th to 16th - September 9th to 13th.
Meeting Place : At 8.30 am in front of the Compagnie des Guides in Chamonix on Day 1.
You are welcome to come and meet your guide the evening before at our office at 6 pm.
- ID or valid passport.
- Having repatriation insurance is mandatory. Cancellation insurance is highly recommended.
- We provide optional insurance contracts for repatriation and trip cancellation.
- Ankle supporting boots with notched technical rubber sole (i.e. VIBRAM). We strongly recommend wearing new boots to break them in before the hike.
- To avoid blisters, try rubbing baby talc on dry feet before using boots (sprinkling talc inside boot works too)
- Minimum size recommended 30 L (bigger is better than too small).
- Take out lunch should still fit after packing for the day.
- Bad weather precaution: pack covers are great to protect pack from rain or snow. We also recommend packing your belongings in a large and solid plastic bag (i.e. garbage bag) for a better protection in case of heavy rainfall.
Avoid using cotton underwear. Compared to technical synthetic material, it is heavier and it dries slowly. Wool is also getting popular amongst sportswear brands. Synthetic and wool are warmer; they dry fast, and allow you to pack light.
- 1 long-sleeve shirt + 1 Tshirt (both synthetic)
- 1 polar fleece + 1 light down jacket (or a second fleece)
- 1 pair of shorts + 1 pair of hiking pants
- 1 pair of synthetic hiking socks
- 1 Gore-tex jacket (waterproof windbreaker)
- 1 poncho (large rain cover that fits over pack) or 1 back pack cover
- 1 pair of rain pants (although light Gore-tex pants are expensive, other types of light rain pants work too)
- 1 water bottle (1.5 quart to 2 quarts minimum)
- 1 pocket knife + 1 "spork"
- Sun hat or ball cap, sunscreen, sunglasses, lip protection
- 1 warm hat, a pair of gloves
- 1 pair of telescopic poles
FOR THE ENTIRE HIKE
- Change of clothes : (prefer synthetic)
- 1 pair of long underwear (synthetic)
- Personal first aid kit **
- 1 pair of comfortable shoes for the evening
- Optional: low gaiters (for early season hiking), camera, binoculars, umbrella etc …
- ID card or valid passport + small change/bills for personal expenses