Come to discover a tradional style of climbing that uses removable protective equipment. We propose a two day course on different sites: Vallorcine and Le Brevent.
On the program: a pedagogy dedicated to learning "Trad" climbing and a refuge with a warm welcome. This course is for people with previous experience in multi pitch routes and want to learn Trad climbing.
• Initiation in the use of the protection material (nut/chock, ...).
• Learning the typical gesture of climbing in cracks.
• Autonomy in the field and the adventure of leading on level 4/5 pitches.
Day 1: Vallorcine area
Day 2: Le Brevent area
Dates 2020 : June 16&17 - July 14&15 - August 04&05 - August 18&19.
Price 2020 : 280€ per person based on minimum 3 people.
Included in the package :
- IFMGA English speaking mountain guiding service,
- Lift access as per programme,
- If necessary, the loan of the the protection material (nut/chock, ...).
Not included in the package :
- Personal drinks and other personal expenses (we recommend you bring Euros).
- Take out lunches and daily snacks.
- Cost of getting to meeting point.
- Personal technical equipment including your mountaineering shoes.
Private hiring is the historical relationship that binds a guide to his/her client. It allows you to be alone, or in a constituted group, with your guide that meets your specific needs. It is undoubtedly the ideal formula to realize your projects because it guarantees you a maximum of comfort. You are free to choose your departure date (depending on the availability of the huts) and the itinerary can be adjusted, according to your specific expectations.
Prices 2020 :
2 persons : 460€ per person
3 persons : 310€ per person
4 persons : 240€ per person
Meeting point : Meet at 8.00am at the Chamonix Guides office, 190 place de l'eglise.
Ability level : An appropriate choice of peak is essential for you to properly enjoy your holiday. To get the most out of your trip we recommend you take regular exercise throughout the year and, where necessary, undertake specific training a few months before you leave. Try to avoid last minute training that can lead to injury. Do not to overestimate your abilities and do be aware that the weight of your pack and higher altitudes reduce your usual strength and stamina.
Experience in multi pitch climb necessary, level V/V+. No mountaineering experience necessary.
Guiding policy : 3 to 4 people. The Compagnie des Guides de Chamonix's guiding policy is one of the strictest in the mountain guiding business. It guarantees the most balanced groups as possible as well as high-quality personalised advice.
Minor, only accompagnied by a parent.
Accomodation : No accommodation included.
Documentation : Participants must have mountain sports insurance with repatriation cover. We strongly recommend that this also includes cancellation cover. You can take out insurance offering both of these types of cover when you sign up. Participants must also take valid ID with them.
Preparation for the trip : The day before, the mountain guide will be in contact to answer any questions you may have.
We recommend you take particular care over you choice of equipment, as it plays a large role in the success of your trip. Weight is critical, and you must always evaluate the weight-to-comfort ratio to find the best compromise. Generally speaking, it is better to put on several thin layers than to have one bulky item of warm clothing, and it is vital that you remain dry at all times.
- Mountaineering boots,
- Comfortable rock-climbing shoes & magnesia,
- Bring the technical equipment you have (figure of eight, locking carabiners…)
- Waterproof and windproof, non-insulated parka with hood (Gore-tex or equivalent)
- Windproof, non-insulated pant
- 1 short (depending on conditions)
- Thick polar-pile fleece jacket or equivalent
- 1 long-sleeve shirt
- High-altitude sunglasses (grade 3 is recommended),
- 1.0 or 1.5 quart water bottle (insulate if possible),
- Sun block for face and lips,
- 1 pocketknife,
A 10€ discount voucher coming from the shop Au Vieux Campeur will be given to the first 500 clients from the ‘Cie des Guides’ (voucher to be collected at our office). Closest shop ‘Au Vieux Campeur’ : Sallanches.
Book your activity
Select the package of your choice: