00 (33) 450 530 088 / Contact-us
Lying on the edge of the Grands Montets ski area, the Lognan hut is an ideal place to stay for a weekend of ski touring. Built next to the Argentière glacier serac chute the hut offers a warm welcome and generous helpings of typical Alpine cuisine. This weekend allows you to explore the fabulous skier’s playground that is the Argentière basin and enjoy some extremely high quality skiing.
Programme includes: great ski touring in scenery unique in the world.
Info: Following the fire that hit the cable car of les Grands Montets, the itinerary will be modify; with an extra vertical ascent of 300 m. Starting from Bochard lift (2766m), we join Lognan glacier (2700m). Skin up to Les Grands Montets glacier (3050m) through the Rachasses pass. Here, we join the normal route.
Day 1: Our day begins with the handsome descent of the Rognons glacier from the top station of the Grands Montets cable car (3300m). Having arrived at the Argentière glacier (2550m), we put on our skins and head for the Améthystes glacier and then the lower slopes of the Aiguille d’Argentière (3150m). Throughout the ascent there are spectacular views over the legendary north faces of the Argentière glacier: the Triolet, Courtes, Droites and Aiguille Verte. Superb descent to the Lognan hut (2032m), where we spend the night.
Vertical ascent: 700m / Vertical descent: 1950m
Day 2: Col du Passon (3028m). We climb up the length of the Argentière glacier, which we cross to reach the Passon moraine (2380m). We cross the moraine on foot and we may require crampons. The climb continues on skis. The slopes here are wide up until the col, which we reach using crampons and roped together via a couloir about a hundred metres high. The views from the col, over not only the Argentière basin but also the Le Tour basin, are simply breath-taking. The ski down to the village of Le Tour via the Le Tour glacier is a Chamonix valley must! 1600m of great skiing!
Vertical ascent: 1000m / Vertical descent: 1600m
This programme is meant as a guide only. Depending on the abilities of the group and the conditions in the mountains, your mountain guide may alter the route.
DATES 2018 : December 29th & 30th.
DATES 2019 : January 12th & 13th - 26th & 27th - February 09th & 10th - 21st & 22nd - 28th & March 1st - March 09th & 10th.
PRICE 2019 : 365€ per person based on minimum of 4 participants.
Included in the package:
- IFMGA English speaking mountain guiding service,
- Half-board in mountain huts (dinner, breakfast and night),
- Ski lift access as per programme,
- Transfers as per programme,
- Rental of full safety kit (avalanche transceiver/DVA, shovel, probe).
- Take out lunches and daily snacks,
- Personal drinks in huts and other personal expenses (we recommend you bring Euros),
- Cost of getting to meeting point and cost of getting back to Chamonix.
- Personal technical equipment.
Meet at 09:00 in front of the Grands Montets (Argentière) ticket office. Contact us if you are having difficulty getting to Argentière from Chamonix. Public bus transfer back to Argentière.
An appropriate choice of destination is essential for you to properly enjoy your holiday. To get the most out of your trip we recommend you take regular exercise throughout the year and, where necessary, undertake specific training a few months before you leave. Try to avoid last minute training that can lead to injury. It is important you do not overestimate your abilities and you understand that the weight of your backpack, the altitude and the snow conditions can negatively impact on your normal skiing ability.
For people who regularly exercise/take part in sports and who have a previous ski touring experience.
4 to 6 people. The Compagnie des Guides de Chamonix's guiding policy is one of the strictest in the mountain guiding business. It guarantees the most balanced groups as possible as well as high-quality personalised advice.
During the trip: half-board in huts.
Before & after the trip: We have some hotel partners in Chamonix with special prices for our customers. If you want to receive information just ask firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants must have mountain sports insurance with repatriation cover. We strongly recommend that this also includes cancellation cover. You can take out insurance offering both of these types of cover when you sign up. Participants must also take valid ID with them.
PREPARING FOR THE TRIP
Few days before the trip, the mountain guide will be in contact to answer any questions you may have.
We recommend you to pay particular attention to the choice of your equipment. It contributes greatly to the success of your stay. Weight is decisive: you always have to evaluate the ratio weight/comfort, to find the best compromise. In a general way, it is better to pile up several light coats rather than wear one big clothing.
- Comfortable frameless rucksack of 35l on which you could fix your skis & ice-axe,
- Ski touring skis & shoes,
- Adhesive climbing skins & ski knifes adapted to your skis,
- A pair of poles with large discs,
- A security pack including harness, DVA, shovel & probe - this pack will be lend by your guide.
- A pair of light crampons & an ice-axe.
- Waterproof and windproof, non-insulated parka with hood (Gore-tex or equivalent),
- Waterproof and windproof, non-insulated pants,
- Thick polar-pile fleece jacket or equivalent,
- A light down jacket,
- 1 long-sleeve shirt,
- Medium weight thermal underwear (top + bottoms, silk or polypro, double as pyjamas),
- Warm ski socks,
- Warm ski hat and light sun hat with brim,
- Warm ski gloves or mittens,
- A pair of adjusted gloves (in leather or fleece),
- Neck protection,
- Spare thermal underwear (for sleeping and change).
- High-altitude sunglasses (grade 4 is recommended),
- A goggle,
- 1.5 quart water bottle,
- An isotherm bottle,
- A mini toilet bag including: sun block for face and lips, aspirin, elastoplast, 2nd skin kit, earplug, toilet paper,
- A headlamp with spare batteries,
- A cotton or silk sleeping sheet: compulsory in every hut. - Hut provide blankets, slippers or clogs
- A plastic bag contains your ID card & Euros for extras.
You can rent your equipment with our rental shops partners and benefit from special price Sanglard Sports & Ravanel & Co.
A 10€ discount voucher coming from the shop Au Vieux Campeur will be given to the first 500 clients from the ‘Cie des Guides’ (voucher to be collected at our office). Closest shop ‘Au Vieux Campeur’ : Sallanches.
|Number of people||Price per person|