00 (33) 450 530 088 / Contact-us
You need to get away from groomed ski slopes? You wish to feel great and fully appreciate life in the mountains? This 2-day tour is a great way to immerse yourself into the majestic Vallée Blanche: a high altitude heaven. Our program is perfectly adapted for the approach of ski touring. You will get acquainted to the use of specific equipment, while privileging the pleasure to be in high altitude.
Contact: +33 4 28 70 28 92 or email@example.com
Day 1: We ride the tram up to the Aiguille du Midi, and ski down the easy slope to Rognon mountain pass. From there we ski under the East face of Mont Blanc du Tacul until Combe Maudite, located between the Tour Ronde and the Aiguille d’Entrèves. The glacier is very chaotic and we must meander through many crevasses on our way up to the high altitude Entrèves pass (3 527 m).
We take time to admire the gorgeous view of the mountains above Courmayeur in Italy, with Gran Paradiso in the distance, the Vanoise and Ecrins ranges in the French Alps.
We ski down toward the Géant seracs, then get to the Requin hut (2 512 m), perched on a rocky outcrop surrounded by glaciers and splendid granite towers. This is our stop for the night.
Elevation gain: 350 m ± 1 155 ft / Vertical loss: 1 400m ± 4 620 ft.
Day 2 After a short descent towards the famous « salle à manger » (the dining room) and the Tacul glacier, we turn right on the Leschaux glacier, just before Mer de Glace. Then we continue up the glacier until we reach the base of the Grandes Jorasses.
The view over one of the most impressive North faces of the Alps is purely breathtaking! Here stands a hardcore mountaineers’ dream! Our alpine adventure ends at the so-called “Cairn 2716m” point, just under the Leschaux peak. On the way down we follow a classic route down Vallée Blanche on Mer de Glace. Snow conditions may allow us to ski down all the way to Chamonix, or stop at the Montenvers. Elevation gain: 600 m ± 1968 ft / Vertical loss: 1 300m ± 4265 ft (Montenvers).
This program is a general guideline for the trip. The guide alone can decide and apply changes in the program during the trip, according to weather and terrain conditions, skiers physical condition and skills.
Group session associates several people who don’t know each other. It allows for a planned program to benefit from an attractive price on fixed dates. This formula is ideal for people looking for the friendliness of a group.
DATES 2019 : February 16th & 17th - 23rd & 24th - March 02nd & 03rd - 09th & 10th - 23rd & 24th - April 06th & 07th - April 13th &14th - April 20th & 21st.
PRICE 2019 : 385€/person - based on 4 persons minimum.
- Mountain guiding service,
- Half-board in mountain huts (dinner, breakfast and night),
- Lift access and shuttles during the tour,
- Avalanche transceiver (DVA), shovel, probe and harness rental.
- Take out lunches and daily snacks,
- Personal drinks,
- Personal technical equipment, personal expenses (bring some extra cash: euros)
Meet at 08:30 at the Info point of the Aiguille du Midi lift. (Participants may leave personal belongings in our office until the group returns). Return to Chamonix by minibus.
An appropriate choice of destination is essential for you to properly enjoy your holiday. To get the most out of your trip we recommend you take regular exercise throughout the year and, where necessary, undertake specific training a few months before you leave. Try to avoid last minute training that can lead to injury. It is important you do not overestimate your abilities and you understand that the weight of your backpack, the altitude and the snow conditions can negatively impact on your normal skiing ability.
For people who occasionally exercise/take part in sports. No ski touring experience necessary.
4 to 6 people. The Compagnie des Guides de Chamonix's guiding policy is one of the strictest in the mountain guiding business. It guarantees the most balanced groups as possible as well as high-quality personalised advice.
During the trip: Half-board in hut.
Before & after the trip: We have some hotel partners in Chamonix with special prices for our customers. If you want to receive information just ask firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants must have mountain sports insurance with repatriation cover. We strongly recommend that this also includes cancellation cover. You can take out insurance offering both of these types of cover when you sign up. Participants must also take valid ID with them
PREPARING FOR THE TRIP
Few days before the trip, the mountain guide will be in contact to answer any questions you may have.
We recommend you to pay particular attention to the choice of your equipment. It contributes greatly to the success of your stay. Weight is decisive: you always have to evaluate the ratio weight/comfort, to find the best compromise. In a general way, it is better to pile up several light coats rather than wear one big clothing.
- Comfortable frameless rucksack of 35l on which you could fix your skis,
- Ski touring skis & shoes,
- Adhesive climbing skins & ski knifes adapted to your skis,
- A pair of poles with large discs,
- A security pack including harness, DVA, shovel & probe - this pack will be lend by your guide.
- Waterproof and windproof, non-insulated parka with hood (Gore-tex or equivalent),
- Waterproof and windproof, non-insulated pants,
- Thick polar-pile fleece jacket or equivalent,
- A light down jacket,
- 1 long-sleeve shirt,
- Medium weight thermal underwear (top + bottoms, silk or polypro, double as pyjamas),
- Warm ski socks,
- Warm ski hat and light sun hat with brim,
- Warm ski gloves or mittens,
- A pair of adjusted gloves (in leather or fleece),
- Neck protection,
- Spare thermal underwear (for sleeping and change).
- High-altitude sunglasses (grade 4 is recommended),
- A goggle,
- 1.5 quart water bottle,
- An isotherm bottle,
- A mini toilet bag including: sun block for face and lips, aspirin, elastoplast, 2nd skin kit, earplug, toilet paper,
- A headlamp with spare batteries,
- A cotton or silk sleeping sheet: compulsory in every hut. - Hut provide blankets, slippers or clogs
- A plastic bag contains your ID card & Euros for extras.
A 10€ discount voucher coming from the shop Au Vieux Campeur will be given to the first 500 clients from the ‘Cie des Guides’ (voucher to be collected at our office). Closest shop ‘Au Vieux Campeur’ : Sallanches.
|Number of people||Price per person|