00 (33) 450 530 088 / Contact-us
Ski touring beginner to expert ... just follow the guide !
Away from the ski lifts and into deep and high alpine wilderness, ski touring takes you to untouched ski slopes, filling you with endless satisfaction and a pure sense of freedom.
The Chamonix Valley is known worldwide for its exceptional ski touring routes. We suggest that you go on a voyage throughout the day to discover what Chamonix has to offer. Thanks to the numerous ski lifts, a moderate physical effort will allow you to reach areas offering unforgettable descents.
On the program: great ski touring in the unique scenery of the Mont Blanc Massif and certainly beautiful tracks!
These days are intended for skiers with experience in off-piste skiing and wish to discover ski touring or for ski tourers wishing to discover the valley.
Contact: +33 4 50 53 00 88 ou email@example.com
DATES : Every Wednesday.
Meeting Point : 9.00 am in front of Grands Montets Ski School
PRICES 2019 : 65€ per person and per outing
Price includes :
- Mountain guide services
- Safety equipement (harness and transceiver).
Price doesn't included :
- Lift passes
- Packed lunch
- Personal technical equipment
Departure: A minimum of 4 people is required to garantee the course.
Maximum 6 people per guide
Duration : 3 to 4 hours depending on the outing
Place : Grands-Montets
Required level : For athletes practicing regular physical activity.
Elevation gain : up to 700m.
For skiers who regularly ski off-piste.
Mastery of skiing in all types of snow.
Wide slopes not very steep
Rental Equipement :
You have the possibility to hire the equipment at our partner shop "Sanglard Sport - Les Grands Montets" located at the bottom of Grands Montets lift.
Opening at 8.30am.
Rental price for 1/2 day : 45€
Group : 6 people max per guide. This standard of supervision is specific to the Chamonix Guide Company and is one of the strictest on the market. It guarantees you a group as homogeneous as possible as well as being able to provide quality personalised advice.
SKI TOURING MATERIAL
We recommend that you take special care in choosing your equipment because it contributes greatly to the success of your trip. Weight is decisive; you must always evaluate the weight / comfort ratio in order to find a good compromise. In general, it is better to stack thin layers rather than having one big garment and it is essential to stay dry in all circumstances.
- Backpack (minimum 35 litres) with central or lateral straps to attache your skis and ice axe.
- A pair of skis, mounted with ski-touring bindings and Ski Touring Ski Boots
- Touring skins and « ski crampons » specially adapted for your skis. (For telemark skis, we strongly recommend heel risers and total action range bindings, preferably with freepivot-touring function)
- Ski poles with a large disc at the bottom.
- Crampons: only for some of our tours and depending on snow conditions: your guide will inform you before the trip if they are needed.
Each participant will be lent an avalanche safety kit, including an avalanche transceiver (DVA), a shovel and a probe. Each trip member is responsible for equipment damage or loss.
SKI TOURING CLOTHES :
- Tuque or warm hat
- Baseball cap or sun hat
- Neck protector or Buff
- Long sleeved underwear type "Micro-Fibre"
- Fleece jumper or jacket
- Waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex-like jacket, with hood
- Warm synthetic or down jacket
- Technical underwear tights or leggings
- Pair of waterproof and breathable ski pants adapted for ski touring
- Pair of socks adapted for ski touring
- Pair of warm ski gloves or mittens and a pair of glove liners (i.e. light silk gloves or leather gloves)
- Spare change of clothes (at your discretion)
- 1 pair of gaiters (optional: for ski pants without bottom snow skirts)
- 1 pair of good quality UV protection sunglasses (level 4)
- Double- lens ski gogles
- Water bottle (at least 1.5 litres), preferably insulated
- Sunscreen protection and a lip balm
- Small medical kit containing blister plasters (tape or mole skin) and headache tablets.
- A pocket knife
- Passport or ID documentation - extra cash for drinks in the huts (Euros and Swiss Francs)
- French (or other foreign) Alpine Club membership card, or "Carte Neige"
- Camera (with long- lasting batteries)
- Hermatic/waterproof plastic bag to carry your documents and money
Packing requires your attention: along with your personal belongings, your pack should also fit packed lunches,
daily snacks, shovel and probe.
Place and Meeting point (Private group) : The guide will contact you after 6.00pm the day before to finalize the details for your outing.
Price (Private group) : 260 per day for the group. 1 to 6 persons per guide.
The price includes :
- The guiding fees,
- The safety equipement (harness and transceiver),
This price does not include :
- Your personal gear (ski...).
- The lift pass...